After much deliberation, here are Boss Wave’s favorite games of 2014. There’s not as much crossover as there was last year and there’s been plenty of confusion over non-2014 games somehow making the 2014 lists… but the results are a fun compilation of a lot of the best stuff we played over the past year. Make sure to tune into the companion episode #079 and, as always, we’d love to hear any thoughts you might have so give us a shout!
Hey, remember that Top Games of 2013 list we had a show about all those moons ago? Oh yeah, well here it is in all its official written glory. 2013 was a hell of a year in gaming and will probably be remembered as the last banner year for two aging consoles giving way to their shiny new successors. Whether it was a big AAA title like The Last of Us or GTAV, a little indie like Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons or an artsy platformer like Rayman Legends, 2013 had something on offer for everyone. Continue Reading
Zach takes Chris through a bit of the mind-bending Antichamber.
Watch as Zach and Chris get killed in increasingly gory and embarrassing ways in Stealth Bastard Deluxe!
With next gen officially upon us, we here at Boss Wave have taken a look back at the cream of the crop of the last generation. And what a generation it was, with no shortage of excellent, inspiring and outright transformative entries in the medium. Hard choices all around. Here are our lists. Let us know what you think. Continue Reading
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor is a AAA Lord of The Rings game on it’s way to PC and the respective varieties of Xbox’s and Playstations from Warner Brothers and developer Monolith. This one’s probably a ways off, but it will grace the cover of the upcoming Game Informer issue.
- Early reviewers have reported frame-rate issues in the PS4 version of Call of Duty: Ghosts. Infinity Ward is reportedly working on a patch.
Moving Pictures: Continue Reading
Ryse: Son of Rome is a launch title on Xbox One. Here’s some extended gameplay. It’s looking a bit simplistic, but very pretty of course. A quick and easy, brutal good time, or a just a brutal waste of one? Time shall tell us soon enough.
–Lococycle looks, well, loco. Here’s hoping this live action trailer is indicative of more of this in the final game.> Continue Reading
- Sony will apparently be unveiling previously unannounced titles the night of the console’s release. GameTrailerTV will be hosting the event at 11pm EST. Will there be surprise launch titles included? I’d wager yes, some lighter digital fare.
- The first pictures of the new Steam Machine (wasn’t it called SteamBox?) have surfaced. Have a look.
- Peggle 2 won’t be launching day-and-date with Xbox One as was previously thought, but is sure to have people grinning “only a few weeks later” in December. (VG247)
Moving pictures: Continue Reading
Zach and Seth play a match of The Banner Saga: Factions and talk about it. Lucky you!