- Interested in MMO Rift, but haven’t yet taken the plunge? Now might be the time, as it’s gone free-to-play on Steam.
- Trine 2: The Complete Story Edition will be making its way to PS4. Chris will be pleased.
- Apparently Infinity Ward has taken up aliens as their extraneous enemy of choice for Call of Duty: Ghosts‘ extinction mode to match Treyarch’s Black Ops zombies. I’m actually alright with this. You?
-Here’s the trailer: Continue Reading
- Ouya 2.0 will release sometime in 2014, with better performance and an improved controller. (Seth has very mixed feeling about this.)
- Boss Wave favorite Enslaved is out now on Steam in a new premium edition. If you haven’t played it, do yourself a favor. We loved it and featured it on our Underrated, Under-played, Under-appreciated list.
- Rayman Fiesta Run will release on iOS, Android and Windows on November 7th.
-Microsoft’s Xbox One launch campaign is underway. Continue Reading
Tidbits & Trailers
- Visual Concepts has stated that NBA 2K14 will run at 1080p at 60 fps on both Xbox One and PS4. Tasty.
- As has been previously reported, the Xbox One’s new and improved Kinect will allow you to stand at closer distances both solo and with others. This might be a leaked manual confirming just how much: Polygon
–Titanfall has been confirmed for a March 11th release. Here’s the latest gameplay trailer to whet your appetite.
-“Assassin’s Creed IV 101″ is 9 minutes long and sets the table for Black Flag. Continue Reading
With the impending release of both the Xbox One and the PS4, next-gen is right around the corner. The current generation has brought us no shortage of innovations, advances and altogether fantastic games. In that spirit we’ve compiled a list of the games each of us here at Boss Wave think were underrated, under-played or otherwise under-appreciated. Here you go: Continue Reading
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Next-Gen is coming:
- Fable Legends is built to evolve with episodic content for years to come apparently. Next year’s release could be seen as “Season 1.” (IGN)
- PS4 controllers are backwards compatible with the PS3. (Does that terminology just work both ways then?)
- Michael Fassbender says the Assassin’s Creed movie is “definitely happening.” And that he doesn’t have a “video game player.” 😀 (The Daily Beast)
The Call Of Duty: Ghosts launch trailer is go, features explosions and Eminem.> Continue Reading
Not a ton going on this week. Here’s some tidbits and a trailer.
- Dragon’s Crown is getting cross-play between PS3 and Vita. Chris will be pleased.
- Not one, but two new Android based consoles might be launching this holiday season. Mad Catz’ M.O.J.O has been announced for December 10th and Amazon’s much rumored entry into the market is now double rumored to be releasing in the very near future.
-This Friday 10/11 marks the release of chapter one of Telltale’s latest The Wolf Among Us. It’s entitled Faith and here’s a trailer. Continue Reading
Here’s a couple trailers.
-More Star Wars Pinball? Yes please.
- Last week EA canceled next year’s iteration of its popular NCAA Football series amidst a lawsuit over the usage of student athletes’ likenesses. They have since settled the lawsuit, though it isn’t clear at this time if that will have any bearing on the series in the short term.
- Microsoft has unveiled October’s Games With Gold titles. Gold subscribers will be able to download Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes from October 1st through the 14th. Halo 3 will round out the rest of the month. Rainbow Six: Vegas is still available for the rest of today if you haven’t yet picked that up.
- Long time Eidos president and industry veteran Ian Livingstone will amicably part ways with Eidos and its parent Square Enix to pursue other interests, notably The Livingstone Foundation which focuses largely on education. (VG247)
-Also, ever wonder if you could do any of THIS in GTA? Continue Reading
Who needs analog sticks? Time will tell…
- In yet another announcement, Valve has revealed a new ‘Steam Controller’ with touch pads in place of traditional analog sticks. (Kotoku)
- Reports indicate that ‘Next Gen’ does not guarantee 60 frames per second. (IGN)
-Do you like scary games? Continue Reading
Um, so we missed Monday… and to make up for it, we’re giving you more for your money! (It’s free as always of course.)
- Not even pretending to fully grasp this one. Steam OS is a new Linux based operating system for your… “living room machines.” Sounds like it’ll stream games to your TV from your PC or Mac. So… streaming is there answer for the living room? Will there still be a proper SteamBox? Only time will tell. Here’s the official Steam OS page.
- God of War creator David Jaffe has started a new game studio The Bartlet Jones Supernatural Detective Agency. Yep that’s what it’s called. Apparently they’ll be making games in their spare time away from hunting ghosts with the agency’s eponymous founder. That’s their story and they’re sticking to it. Tongue firmly planted in cheek of course. They do have a game on the way though and an unnamed publisher to boot. Polygon reports.
- The Xbox One’s interface is “clean, uncluttered and powerful” says Destructoid, will allow users to run 4 apps simultaneously, sign in at the wave of a hand and supports up to six simultaneous users. Video will be shareable only on Xbox Live at launch, on YouTube and Facebook in 2014. (Destructoid)
Trailers: Continue Reading